Zip it Up with TugZip
TugZip is an innovative archiving tool that features an interface that is user-friendly and offers support for a huge number of file formats. Create YZ1, TAR, 7-ZIP, TGZ, CAB, BZ2, SQX, LHA (LZH), and TAR with ease using TugZip. An external plugin can also enable this software to write ACE and RAR archives. As with file extraction, TUGZip presents an extensive directory of extraction support. It can extract 27 archive file types including RAR and ZIP files, two of today’s most commonly used archives. It also supports IMG, ISO and BIN disc images.
This file compression application offers unique features and a number of the best extraction support as well. TugZip provides support for creation of self-extracting file and multi-volume archives. It utilizes six different algorithms and includes one of the best password protection capabilities. This application can also be integrated with your virus scnner and Outlook client.
Additionally, TUGZip claims to aid in archive conversion, batch extraction and the removal of single files inside an archive without performing full extraction. There have been some reports that these added features would cause problems at times, but we are hoping that this will be resolved with future versions and updates from the developers.
For an advanced PC user, TUGZip may feel that the file compression software is straightforward and easy to use; nevertheless, beginners may feel that the application is a bit complicated for them since it does not have a drag and drop feature and the interface is full of file trees where the archive destination is assigned each time a new archive is created.
If a user experiences issues and problems with TUGZip, they may refer anytime to its built-in user guide and also may visit the online forum community. There is also an online FAQ available that you can check out.
In the end, TUGZip is a good file compression software that creates and extracts a wide array of file formats. And the good news is, it’s free.
Here are other key features of TUGZip:
- · Windows shell integration
- · Automatic updates using the “Web Update” function.
- · Encrypt archives using 6 different algorithms. Blowfish (128-bit), DES (56-bit), Triple DES (168-bit) and Rijndael (128-bit, 192-bit and 256-bit).
- · Create 7-ZIP, BZ2, CAB, LHA (LZH), SQX, TAR, TGZ, YZ1 and ZIP archives.
- · Support for the Zip64 algorithm, which enables its user to make archives larger than 4GB.
- · Script support to help you create automated backups.
- · Basic features like: add, extract, delete, rename, run, view, checkout, install, test, comment, SFX, virus-scanning, disk-spanning and much more.
- · Fix corrupted ZIP and SQX archives.
- · Extract multiple archives at once using Multi-extract.
- · Create self-extracting encrypted archives.