Easily Split And Merge PDF Files With PDFsam
If you are normally using PDF files for work or school and there’s a frequent need to merge/edit some files, then this cute little software is perfect for you. It is called pdfsam PDF Split and Merge, a free open-source alternative that enables you to split a huge PDF file into many little different files or merge a number of PDF files together. It features a very simple user interface and is absolutely free to download. This is a great utility for newbie’s and advanced users too!
Additionally, if you can donate a small amount to the application’s developer, you will be able to download and use the enhanced version of PDF Split and Merge which allows you to encrypt your PDF files as well. But for majority of its users, the free version gives you what you need and does a great job.
Once you have installed the program, launch pdfsam PDF Split and Merge and press on “merge / extract” on the left side of the screen. Go to the right hand side and click on add. You are now able to add the PDF files you need to merge, to the program.
If a password is required for the PDF file, type it in the “password” column. If you only need to merge certain pages from the file, use page numbers in the “page selection” column (such as 1-3, 11, 15).
PDFsam Split and Merge PDF features:
- split your pdf documents (into chapters, single pages, etc.).
- merge many pdf documents or subsections of them.
- extract sections of your document into a single pdf document.
- mix alternate pages taken from two pdf documents in straight or reverse order into a single document.
- rotate pages of the selected pdf documents.
- visually reorder pages of a selected pdf document.
- visually compose a document dragging pages from selected pdf documents.
- save and load your environment to automatize your recurrent jobs.
- manage pdfsam settings and set an environment to load at start up.
Having listed all of the cool features above, I can say that PDF Split and Merge is a pretty cool utility that gives you a valid reason not to pay for commercial software. Splitting and merging PDF files does not take very long and online tutorial and assistance are available for new users of the application.