VidCoder is a DVD/Blu-ray ripping and video transcoding application for Windows. It uses HandBrake as its encoding engine.
Calling directly into the HandBrake library gives it a more rich UI than the official HandBrake Windows GUI.
- MP4, MKV containers
- H.264, MPEG-4, Theora video
- AAC, MP3, Vorbis, AC3 audio encoding and AAC/AC3/MP3/DTS/DTS-HD passthrough
- Target bitrate, size or quality for video
- 2-pass encoding
- Decomb, detelecine, deinterlace filters
- Batch encoding
- Instant source previews
- Creates small encoded preview clips
- Pause, resume encoding
VidCoder can rip DVDs but does not defeat the CSS encryption found in most commercial DVDs.
There is Blu-ray ripping, but subtitles are not supported yet. Also, again, VidCoder does not defeat AACS or BD+ Blu-ray encryption.
Requires: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.
System Requirements: Windows XP/Vista/7
Operating System Support: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP