SoundMaven is a compendium tool for Winamp that gives you access to a wide range of information about the music you are listening to, using MusicIP's DNS file identification technology and MusicBrainz metadata database, as well as a number of well-known Music Web Services. Moreover, it provides several nice features for managing your MP3 files.
Let's take a look on what SoundMaven can do.
* Create an acoustic fingerprint for an audio file and get the correct tags, so you can easily override the current ones.
* Display song lyrics, often with synchronization. (Note that synchronization is not working in all cases - this will be solved in future releases.)
* Automatically search for album artwork, let you browse through the results and save the chosen one to the corresponding folder.
* Get artist photo, biography, useful links, as well as a list of similar artists.
* Download album and track descriptions, and show additional release info from Amazon.com.
* Lookup for current album or track in various top lists from major music publications.
* Auto-rename files in a folder based on the proper tags (if present).
* Show detailed audio file information, such as file location, bitrate, codec profile and other.
* Control most contemporary media players, including WinAmp, iTunes and Foobar. Note that Windows Media Player is not supported at the moment.
* Interact with rating systems in iTunes and Foobar.
SoundMaven is accompanied by the new beta website - soundmaven.com, which hopefully will get bigger in the future.
Operating System Support: XP/Vista
Tags: mp3, lyrics, artwork, tags