RoboMirror is a GUI front-end for the quite popular Robocopy.exe command-line utility for Windows.
Robocopy is shipped with Windows since Vista and available as free SDK tool for previous Windows versions (RoboMirror already includes it).
It allows to robustly synchronize two directory trees, both locally and across the network. It is therefore often used for mirroring purposes, e.g., as a powerful yet free backup utility.
RoboMirror's aim is to make Robocopy more accessible by providing a very simple and user-centered GUI, because most users simply don't want to work directly with the console or are overwhelmed by Robocopy's flexibility.
Additionally, RoboMirror supports volume shadow copies. This allows to copy files locked by running processes (Outlook, SQL Server...).
- Very simple graphical interface
- Managing mirror tasks. RoboMirror is based on a set of mirror tasks. A mirror task consists in a source folder and a target folder
- Two-way synchronization
- Extended NTFS attributes. Besides copying file data, attributes and time stamps, RoboMirror can also copy extended NTFS attributes, either only the access control lists (ACLs) or everything (ACLs, owner and auditing information)
- Excluding files & folders. Entire subfolders, files and wildcards in the source (restore operation: target) folder may be excluded from synchronization
- Simulation run to identify the pending changes which are then presented to the user, asking for confirmation
- Scheduling backups. Backup tasks may be scheduled on a regular basis (daily, weekly and monthly at a given time)
- Logging and task history. All manually started and scheduled operations are logged, including the full Robocopy output. The complete history of a mirror task may be displayed for further analysis
System Requirements: Windows XP/Server 2003 or newer, .NET Framework 4.0
Operating System Support: WinXP, WinVista, WinVista x64, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, Windows2000, Windows2003, WinServer, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012
Tags: robomirror, backup, robocopy