GenScriber is a desktop application for the transcription of census records, church records, birth, marriage ,baptisms, burials, index records etc.
GenScriber is an intuitive and easy-to-use multi-platform tool that was designed in order to help you transcribe genealogy document images from census registers, church records and others.
The interface is comprised of several resizable windows within a single main window. A register image can be viewed in the top window while data is input in the bottom window.
- Available for Windows and Linux (The Linux version is available here)
- No installation needed, will run from flashdrive etc.
- Intuitive spreadsheet style data input.
- Split window to allow easy viewing of index images, while transcibing.
- Easily hide unused columns on large worksheets.
- Simple template system for coordinators.
- Optional built-in C like scripting language.
System Requirements: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, Linux
Operating System Support: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Other