Filecats Standard Description:
Do you want a better way to understand your documents? When you receive a hard drive or memory stick with hundreds or thousands of files, how long does it take you to comprehend what is there?
Imagine being able to copy the contents of Windows Explorer into Excel, so that you can then search, filter and annotate files and folders more easily, save the results of your searches, and email them to whoever you want.
Imagine no more. Introducing Filecats Standard, a file cataloger which enables you to harness Windows Explorer in your existing Microsoft Excel program.
With just two clicks from inside Windows Explorer, this software imports the standard Windows Explorer columns into Excel, together with hyperlinks, allowing you to catalogue, investigate, annotate and email the results.
Investigate files that you have just been given, or catalog a CD or hard drive that you are sending out to create a permanent record, helping you with your ISO 9001 requirements.
A Filecats Standard catalog is better than a Windows Explorer search because of:
1. Permanence - creates a permanent record of your hard drive, memory stick or CD.
2. Easy to use, yet powerful - use all the familiar features in Microsoft Excel to aid your searches.
3. Annotate - you can add extra columns to annotate the results of your search, something you cannot do easily in Windows Explorer.
4. Portability - send a copy of your catalogue by email or save it to the network for later retrieval.
5. Speed - especially for multiple searches, the search facility in Windows can be slow. On a fast computer, Filecats Standard can catalogue tens of thousands of files per minute.
Filecats is easy to use, yet powerful enough to save you so much time and frustration.
Try it for yourself for free. Save time and increase efficiency. Create analyses - see our website for many articles. For more fe...
System Requirements: Microsoft Excel 2003 or later, .NET 4
Operating System Support: WinXP, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, Windows 8, WinVista, WinVista x64
Tags: metadata, microsoft excel, windows explorer, files, folders