File and Folder Watcher
File and Folder Watcher Description:
File and Folder Watcher continuously watches a folder or group of folders for new files, and then triggers a custom action, such as running a second program with the new files. Files are processed only when completely written - perfect for huge files such as video. Incoming files can be grouped together or processed individually.
File and Folder Watcher can be used to:
* Pre-process photo shoots with Photoshop Droplets as images are taken
* Download data from FTP sites and folders
* Watching incoming folders for new files
* Automatically distil PDF files
* Data mine incoming files with TextPipe Pro, also from DataMystic
* Process email attachments when they are saved to disk (with DetachPipe)
* Load new files into a database
* Quickly and easily trigger business processes when files are created
* and much more.
File Watcher can process only those files that match a filespec (e.g. '*.txt;*.html') and ignore all other files that might arrive at the same time. It can also watch multiple folders at the same time (subfolders are handled with a checkbox).
File Watcher can also prevent triggering new actions while an old action is still running.
It can also be run as a service to keep it running even after system restarts or possible server crashes
System Requirements: Windows 95 or later, 4 MB disk space.
Operating System Support: WinXP, WinVista, WinVista x64, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, Win2000, Windows2000, Windows2003, WinServer, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Ultimate x64, Win98, WinME, WinNT 3.x, WinNT 4.x, Win95, Windows Tablet PC Edition 2005, Windows Media Center Edition 2005, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Home Basic x64, Windows Vista Home Premium x64, Windows Vista Business x64, Windows Vista Enterprise x64
Tags: file monitor, monitor directory, watch file, watch folder,watch directory