Areca Backup Description:
Areca Backup is a file backup tool written in java. It supports data compression & encryption, incremental backup, file history explorer and many other features. Areca Backup also includes a transaction mechanism which guarantees your backups´ integrity. As an additional security measure areca also features a backup simulation module.
- Archives compression (Zip format)
- Archives encryption (Triple DES & AES encryption algorithm)
- Source file filters (by extension, subdirectory, regular expression, size, date, status, usage)
- Incremental / Full backup support
- Archives merges / deletion : You can merge contiguous archives in one single archive or safely delete your latest archives.
- As of date recovery : Areca allows you to recover your archives (or single files) as of a specific date.
- Transaction mechanism : All critical processes (such as backups or merges) support a transaction mechanism (with commit / rollback management) which guarantees your backups´ integrity.
- Backup reports : Areca generates backup reports that can be stored on your disk or send by email.
- Post backup scripts : Areca can launch shell scripts after backup.
- Files permissions backup. (Linux only)
- Archives content explorer. (including a ´find file in archives´ feature)
- Archive description : A manifest is associated to each archive, which contains various informations such as author, title, date, description, and some technical data.
- File history explorer : Areca keeps track of your file´s history (creation / modifications / deletion) over your archives.
- Backup simulation : useful to check wether a backup is necessary
- User´s actions history : Areca keeps an history of all user´s actions (archives deletion, merges, backups, recoveries).
- Archive´s indicators : Areca computes a lot of indicators for you, which will help you in the everyday managem...
System Requirements: Win 9x/ME/NT/2K/XP/2K3/Vista/7
Operating System Support: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Other