Arctor Disk-To-Disk Backup
Arctor Disk-To-Disk Backup Description:
Arctor is hard disk backup made smart, fast, simple and powerful. At a price of less than $1 per GB, today's cheapest and fastest backup media are hard disks - so why not simply use one for your backups? Backups on hard disks are much quicker and easier to restore, check and update. Large enterprises have used automated backup solutions based on tape libraries or the more modern D2D backup for years. With Arctor, enterprise computing is available even for small and medium sized companies at an affordable price: you can setup a reliable backup solution with fast restore capabilities at a fraction of the costs. Since Arctor's hardware requirements are quite low, even an outdated Windows workstation will be perfectly adequate as network-attached storage device. Arctor only requires a standard PC with one or more large disk drives (internal or external, or a RAID system of any type). Download the free, fully functional trial version and see how easy it is to set up and use Arctor!
Arctor Version 2 offers a lot of new features and enhancements:
* Complete user interface redesign
* New Statistics, Analysis and Maintenance Features: Transfer Bandwidth, Disk Usage, Selected Files, Archived Files, Orphans, File Size Distribution etc.
* S.M.A.R.T. disk monitoring helps you to detect problems with your hard disks before they get serious
* Advanced scheduling options for individual rules and rule groups: Rules can be combined to rule groups with individual scheduling options: interval, time-of-day, week day, on request, retry missed schedules
* Advanced Restore Wizard: restore missing/modified files only, preserve read-only file attribute in compression mode
* I/O Bandwidth limiting to conserve network resources
* Commandline Interface to support batch operations
* Support for long file names
Operating System Support: Windows NT/2000/XP/2003