Alien Arena 2011
Alien Arena 2011 Description:
Alien Arena 2011 is a freeware online deathmatch game with fast and furious action for Windows and Linux!
The game runs on the CRX engine, and features modern effects such as real-time lighting and shadows, shaders, light bloom, reflective surfaces and much more, while still being able to run on even modest systems.
The game includes a built in, as well as external server browser and chat client. Players can look up their stats online, chat with other players, and become part of a growing community.
The Alien Arena experience is now a finely tuned, highly polished body of work.
Alien Arena has transformed into a lean, clean, fragging machine, with stunning visual effects that are usually reserved for commercial titles. This isn't your daddy's Alien Arena - it's not even last year's model, with a host of new and improved maps, sounds and music.
- GLSL per-pixel lighting on meshes(now all surfaces).
- OpenAL 1.1
- Ogg-Vorbis support.
- GLSL post process framebuffer effects.
- New scoreboards.
- New HUD.
- Stereo music files.
- Seven new maps.
- Two new player characters.
- Voice taunt system.
- Doppler sound effects.
Alien Arena 2011 is open source, free to play, and sets a new standard in freeware FPS gaming!
What's New in version 7.52:
- Many new models and textures.
- Four exciting new levels.
- Vegetation shadowmapping.
- Account system for stats.
- Various improved effects.
- Decoupled renderer from client frame code.
- Changes to the bot code and anti-camp.
- Iqm version 2 support.
System Requirements: Win 9x/ME/NT/2K/XP/2K3/Vista/7
Operating System Support: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Other